About Me

My photo
I like cheese, dinosaurs, green things, my friends/family/enemies, and comics. I know that I have a long way to go but I cannot wait to become a cartoonist. I love to learn new things, and I hope that by starting this blog it can be my first step towards that goal. I thank my friends and family, and my ability to come up with stories and characters. Here's to the future

July 26, 2011

Art 2 Figure Drawing (With Clothes)

So! In August I'll be heading out to Santa Fe to tour IAIA, or, Institute of American Indian Arts, purely because I want to go there but I want to see some stuff first.

Yeah.

I couldn't help but remember something my art teacher said a while back (mebbe last school year) concerning Free-Figure Drawing...

...in high school the models are clothed...

...and in college they're NAKED.

Apparently I was the only one who knew this, besides him and mebbe a few others.

So, to celebrate the oncoming school year (which will be my last) and to get used to seeing these mugs, I have posted the following of what I think is the best of my sketches.

The darker ones are done in charcoal, and the lighter in graphite sticks.

The more detailed were done in 10 minutes max, while sketchy ones were a few minutes instead.

ENJOY!


The girl reportedly admired my drawings. She looked quite surprised when I told her this is my first time doing such things. And this was coming from a girl who was in a higher art class!


I prefer shading over the contour lines--it always looks gross to me.


I really wanted to reach out and touch this guy's hair XD I know, violating the rules of figure drawing conduct. And talking to them isn't good either, haha.


My best friend Sarah.


I've noticed that the body and position of the person are often done in great detail, but I often find myself running out of time before I even do their faces.


I like this mostly for the spheres, ovals, and shapes that can be seen through the clothing.


My absolute favorite ^.^ You can tell when you did good when almost everyone in your school knows who this is just by the picture. EVEN YOUR GRANDMOTHER NOTICES!!!


The same girl from the first picture. I messed up on the little piggies. Interesting pose, however.


And that's it! This is mostly from my class Art 2 however, so I'll post more up when I have them.

As a side note, I went from Art 2 to Art 3 in a single year, even though the two respective classes are two semesters long. My teacher thought I was ready. and for my final, senior year, Art 4. I want to beef up my portfolio for IAIA.

LET"S DO THIS!!! 

No comments: