About Me

My photo
I like cheese, dinosaurs, green things, my friends/family/enemies, and comics. I know that I have a long way to go but I cannot wait to become a cartoonist. I love to learn new things, and I hope that by starting this blog it can be my first step towards that goal. I thank my friends and family, and my ability to come up with stories and characters. Here's to the future

March 6, 2012

Yesh Yesh I Know Well I'm Back!!

Wow.
Whooda thunk it that Senior Year would be so busy?
Even busy for someone such as I, Kayla, drawer of doodles and sayer of sayings, to be so engrossed in various activities. Including:


-Fighting ninjas
-Doing homework for every class which takes 30-60 min long EACH
-Managing the Anime Club as the Presidente
-Co-creating a self published magazine
-Getting over "stuff"
-Work
-Chores
-Art projects
-Scholarships/college applications
-Whatever else that ate up time but neglected to label itself


Well, you get the drift. Never fear, as I have gotten a new present (psssst it starts with m and ends with c) that can enable me to post more. 


But, if anyone really is following me at all, they should know that my posts will be spontaneous.


To start off here's a lovely sketch of Lily.


Shorry for my lateness... :(

Also, did I forget to mention that I had to also take a month-long break due to my mother's and doctor's worry of tendonitis? Well the scare is over but I still need to take breaks and refrain from all-nighters and "craziness", which may or may not involve penciling and inking ten pages in a row.


So yes, that is the main reason.


I'll post some of my sketchbook pages from the beginning of my senior year to now to make up for lost time, but I'll notify of any new developments.


Like this one!!!



I love sketching in pen!!! <3


UPDATE!!!


1. Okay, well, first off I'm working hard towards attending a college, specifically an INSTITUTE (oh fancy!) in Santa Fe, so I'll post some of my portfolio work and preparation and whatever news I have regarding this...stuff. I wish me luck in my costly college endeavors!


2. Homework SUUUUUUCKS




oh dagnabit my intelligence was thwarted 




3. The Anime Club is currently racking up some money in order to raise funds for our summer trip. As the President and as a Senior AND as a foundation member of the Anime Club, they wanted to throw me a little trip before I go into the fun but busy (read:chaotic but hellish) warp hole that is college life. We've been doing the usual, selling candy and asking for donations, but I felt the best way to use our skills was to create our own comic-zine. So, until the week before graduation, we'll be creating and producing biweekly issues for 3.50 a pop along with anything else we can do to raise 700 dollars for the trip. If anyone is at all curious (read:"I want that!") then shoot me an email and we can talk. Of course I'll post whatever I'll put in so look forward to that!


!!!coming soon to a comic-zine near you!!!
GRAPE NINJA, BEECHES!!!
(LOL that's not school appropriate)

4. At my school we have an annual tradition of attending the New Mexico English Expo, a sort of competition/get-together for students that like literature, writing, and all that good junk. Anywhoo we get together in a Death Star-esque high school in Albuquerque, stay there practically all day, and students can participate in two different contests while teachers judge the finished work. Mind you its very scholary and a little sketchy but its great for meeting people of like minds. Between the two contests (which vary from Short Story, Formal Notes, Social Letters, Literature Quiz, Shakespearian Monologue, etc.) there is a quick lunch, another contest, final judging, a Poetry Slam, a spelling bee (which my friend Derek won, the second time in a row WHOOP WHOOP) AAAAAAAND the ever delightful, ever long and tiring, Awards Ceremony. Your dear little artist competed in 


BOOK COVER
(I read Everyone Dies by Micheal McGarrity, a pretty good crime/mystery novel that takes place in Santa Fe and involves all sorts of delightful dismemberments and investigation)
(If anyone's curious as to what it looked like, I'll post it tomorrow along with my explanation and the judges' notes but NO PROMISES!!!)


CHILDREN'S BOOK
(In which I submitted the prologue to Come&Sleep, my own comic which has been on the blog before in a nice little preview which you have not or have read...meaning GO READ IT ALREADY~~!!!)




read it now! i command thee to do so atop my hipster duck!


So, there I was, seated with my fellow underclassmen (I hate the people in my class they are ABHORRENT) and fellow teacher (who shares a name with a certain bumbling doctor privy to a super savvy detective with extreme OCD) waiting to go home on a bus to badly sing pop songs.


My teacher encouraged me to do the Expo, as she had seen my work and well, loved it. I agreed but secretly I was worried--I've been to the Expo since I was a freshman, and always did horrible. Sure it was a fun trip filled with friends but you know how competitions work--winners win and losers get horribly depressed and whatnot.


Henceforth I was completely caught unawares when the speaker called my name, announcing:


KAYLA SHAGGY! SECOND PLACE FOR BOOK COVER!


Stunned I ran downstairs and bowed my head, full of blush by now, to accept the red-ribboned and surprisingly heavy medal proclaiming my prize.


I also got Second Place for Children's Book as well.


:)


Anywhoo, just something I wanted to say. 


I'm back, baybeh!!!!! >:D


ps. if it seems i'm a tad bit sarcastic, its due to the members of the club that overestimate my abilities thinking i can do anything but i can't :( so thank you to the followers that still come by, whoever you are out there, and thank you for waiting for little ol' impudent me.


pss. I'm really sorry. It won't happen again!


psss. Prepare to have your MIND BLOWN!!!




Methinks someone had a lot of sugar today O.O

No comments: